MARGARETVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT AUXILIARY
Interested in supporting our Fire Department? The Auxiliary is a volunteer organization dedicated to helping firefighting and emergency personnel when called upon. We are actively seeking new members!
We do the following:
- Provide staffing for the annual Firemen’s Field Days Carnival during the July Fourth week
- Furnish food, beverages, supplies, and extended services at emergency situations in safe, designated areas during natural disasters, search-and-rescue missions, fires, and other urgent episodes
- Organize and assist the public seeking shelter or physical support at our headquarters during crises such as floods
- Provide material and emotional aid and comfort to bereaved, such as funerals and memorial services for former members and families
- Represent MFD periodically at public events, such as parades and demos
- Help with fundraising
- Provide behind-the-scenes services as needed throughout the year!
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency in the Margaretville-Hardenburgh Fire District is not mandatory.
- While long known as the Women’s Auxiliary, our organization is all-inclusive.
- Members in good standing will attend twice-yearly meetings and pay annual dues of $2.
- You’ll be expected to provide MFD with contact information and availability times for calls for service.
- You will be issued an official badge to authorize your presence during emergencies and events.
For more information, contact: